It's the Environment, Stupid.

Monday, January 29, 2007

B&N asks readers to Save the Environment















No, it isn't my locally owned neighborhood bookstore, it's Barnes and Noble - the four story B&N in Union Square. A warm, expanse of a place on a chilly Sunday afternoon in NYC where one can puruse the racks of magazines and scores of books at leisure. (And for the record, every time I'm searching out a particular book title I always go to Strand first to see if they have it.)

Not only was green a popular cover story on several magazines - including the Economist "The Greening of America" - the environment was a topic of a side display facing the high trafficked area near the escalators.

"Save the Environment" featured Joseph Romm's new book Hell and High Water (anyone read that one yet?); 1001 Little Ways to Save our Planet; the paper back version of Elizabeth Kolbert's Field Notes from a Catastrophe (I highly recommend that one); and of course the picture book version of the Al Gore movie An Inconvenient Truth (among a few other climate related titles - oh and the massive WorldChanging book was stacked on the floor below.)

While I didn't see a whole lot of people taking in this little display (and I question a few of the selected readings), I commend the book display powers that be for creating this little featurette.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home