It's the Environment, Stupid.

Thursday, June 22, 2006

Green Drinks - Vancouver

I attended the Vancouver Green Drinks Wednesday night. I met one of the organizers Sunday who tipped me off to the gathering at a nearby brewhouse and thought it'd be cool to check out. Which it was. (Although I still have yet to attend a NYC green drinks).

I met some great Canadians and learned a bit about Candadian government and what's really going on in Vancouver and BC (you know, the stuff that they don't highlight at the WUF). There was also a guy (seemed like a regular green-drinker) handing out a Vegetarian Directory for the greater Vancouver area.

The pamplet is put together by Earthsave Canada "a non-profit, educational organization promoting awareness of the health, environmental, and ethical consequences of our food choices. We advocate the move towards a plant-based diet for better health, environmental sustainability, and compassion toward non-human animals." While I couldn't find it on their website, if you live in the greater Vancouver area and want one, I'm sure Dave would be happy to send one to you.

I hadn't thought about finding out about green drinks in other cities before - but it's definitely a fun way to spend an evening if you happen to be travelling and find yourself in another locale with green leanings.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home