It's the Environment, Stupid.

Saturday, January 13, 2007

It's the Environment, Stupid. Turns One Year Old












It was one year ago today when I sat in my tiny room in my Park Slope apartment trying to figure out just what a blog was. My intention from my first post was to explore the relationship between the environment, economics and societies. I think I've pretty much stuck to that and expanded upon it.

In the coming year I'm planning to do more of the same, but will try and add a little more depth to some of my posts. I'm also going to try out a few other things - let me know what you would like to see here.

I'd also like to thank everyone who has been reading It's the Environment, Stupid. from the beginning (Frank, that's pretty much you if you're still reading), those of you who've found me along the way - especially Jeff from Sustainablog, Mark from 3r Living, Jasmine from Worsted Witch, and Dan from Environmental Action - and all of you new visitors and regular commenters. My numbers are small but keep growing and that keeps me going knowing that people are reading.

The green explosion that happened in 2006 was encouraging - from Dr. James Hansen, Al Gore and Leonardo Dicaprio; to Vanity Fair, Elle, and The Economist; to Whole Foods, Wal-Mart and Target; to TreeHugger, WorldChanging and Ecorazzi. With everything from climate change, oil prices, and alternative energy, to eco-fashion, sustainable style and good design - the new environmental movement is shifting and moving forward into the mainstream media, our politics and every day lifestyles.

We've come a long way, but there's still a long way to go. Onward into 2007...

12 Comments:

  • Congratulations, Happy Birthday, I'm not sure of the appropriate thing to say!

    I can't say I'm a reader (before today), but I found you via a google alert for the word "sustainability". I've had a quick poke around and will be subscribing to your feed, keep up the good work!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 22:38  

  • Congratulations!! From one blogger to another, I know that blogging for one whole year is quite an accomplishment! You have a great blog here, here's to many more!!
    take care,
    Liz
    GreatGreenGoods.com

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 12:35  

  • Happy blog birthday! Here's to many more!

    By Blogger The Worsted Witch, at 15:42  

  • Congrats! It takes a lot of dedication to get through a year! Here's to many more, even more successful years!

    By Blogger Mark, at 17:45  

  • Congratulations Amy. I've really enjoyed reading your blog over the last year. Always topical, interesting and very well written. Looking forward to more to come!

    David

    By Blogger David Jeffery, at 17:57  

  • Congratulations, Amy! I'll second David's thoughts -- you're a unique voice in the Green Blogosphere!

    By Blogger Jeff McIntire-Strasburg, at 18:02  

  • Congratulations. Let's hope our efforts make a better place for us and our children.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 03:01  

  • Happy birthday.
    It takes a lot of energy to start something, but a lot more to get it to grow and to stay.
    Congrats

    Tom
    Transportation Alternatives

    By Blogger Tom, at 11:00  

  • Congrats and best wishes for 2007!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:23  

  • Congrats, that's an amazing accomplishment.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:33  

  • Congrats Amy! You inspired me to get my own blog started and your blog birthday inspires me to keep it going.

    Ana

    By Blogger ATE, at 18:52  

  • Hey Amy - Congrats on the anniversary. Keep up the great work.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 16:47  

Post a Comment

<< Home