It's the Environment, Stupid.

Monday, March 12, 2007

The Flu Bug Bit Me

Somehow I usually manage to escape the flu season unscathed (and no, I don't go the vaccination route), but this weekend I was zapped. Headache, chills, fever (at least I'm pretty darned sure I had a fever since I don't have a thermometer), fatigue (the kind where you have to stay in bed because, well, you can't really move kind of fatigue) and headache, plus a little of the sniffles and a slight cough (did I mention headache?)

I'm anti-antibiotics and OTC stuff when it comes to the common cold/flu, with the exception of a little Advil to ease the head pain (which I think by now - a record 4 days in a row without coffee - has turned into caffeine withdrawl headaches - but that's another self-diagnosis/blog post altogether). No NyQuil, DayQuil, or other pretend to make you feel better meds for me (plus, they give me really weird dreams, so I prefer to not to take them in general.) I usually stick to the bedrest, fluids, and vitamin C routine (I'm sure that's recommended somewhere...and I am feeling mostly better.)

So I thought there may be some eco-friendly flu remedies out there (of course I'm checking AFTER the fact...) - and as I expected Ideal Bite had a couple of things...

On the prevention end:
A few hand sanitizer solutions so you're not caught off guard without some good ol fashioned soap'n'water.

For a little relief:
Some herbal cold remedies

I think I'll go get a little hand sanitizer - the subway is an awful germy place....

2 Comments:

  • ouch. that sucks. Hope you feel better soon!

    By Blogger Mark, at 18:08  

  • Yeah, don't push yourself, just take it easy and then come back strong. Meanwhile we'll be researching green flu remedies. Say, isn't green tea good for you? ;-)

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 15:08  

Post a Comment

<< Home