It's the Environment, Stupid.

Monday, December 18, 2006

Holiday Card Giving Dilemma















I've had a few friends ask me for my address so they can send me an x-mas card. Their requests are often followed up with an apology for even sending me a card at all - they assume I'll think sending cards is evil, a waste of paper, an un-eco-friendly thing to do. I assure them that there is nothing wrong with spreading a little holiday joy via USPS and proceed to tell them about grow-a-note cards that when planted planted sprout up as wildflowers (available at several retailers online including Green Field Paper Company and KidBean.)

For more holiday card giving options Jasmine over at Worsted Witch has a few suggestions, as does Mark at 3r living blog. And for a few tips on what to do with those holiday cards you've amassed post-holiday season check out Ideal Bite.

Personally I usually forego the card giving thing simply because I have a tendency to procrastinate/and or forget and end up running out of time. This year, however, I bought a box of 100% post-consumer recycled content cards (from 3r living). I will probably send them out tomorrow....

1 Comments:

  • You may or may not get a Christmas card from us. Just wanted to let you know we'll be thinking of you this weekend down here in Missouri.
    Nancy D.

    By Blogger nancyd, at 11:11  

Post a Comment

<< Home