It's the Environment, Stupid.

Monday, June 19, 2006

WUF3 - Vancouver, BC

Well, I made it to Vancouver, BC to the World Urban Forum 3. This year's theme is urban sustainability.

I arrived yesterday and checked into my lovely $40 (CAD) room at the University of British Columbia, and then headed over to the conference center in downtown Vancouver where the event is being held.

The event kicked off Sunday with an opening reception (check out official WUF pictures here). That gave me a little time to wander around the Exposition - the area of the conference where booths upon booths are set up featuring governmental and NGO projects and glossy brochures. I picked up an armload of 'em. It was like I had hit the jackpot - I was completely overwhelmed by all of the information from these organizations and governments boasting sustainable communities, livable cities, transportation, housing, green building - and on, and on, and on.

While at times it has felt a little bit like Disneyland with all of the line standing it has been worthwhile so far. There are some workshop type sessions this afternoon, so if the lines aren't too long to hop back on the computers later, I'll post more then...

1 Comments:

  • Have fun, Amy!

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 18:06  

Post a Comment

<< Home